Contribution to PE
Dove Bank Primary School has long recognised the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of its children. We also acknowledge that a broad, balanced, high quality curriculum and extra-curricular activities have a positive impact on concentration, attitude and achievement.
Dove Bank Primary School is committed to ensure that all pupils receive a minimum of 2 hours of PE per week, delivered by well-trained and enthusiastic teacher.
Regular staff training opportunities are provided for teachers and TAs to keep them up to date with new initiatives.
The school participates enthusiastically in a range of local sports competitions and events against other schools in North West Leicestershire.
The Government Sports Premium
The Government provides schools with a Sports Grant each year to spend specifically on improving the quality of sport and PE provision for all their children.
Click on the links below to see how we have used the funding at Dove Bank:
What has the impact been?
Dove Bank School’s Sports Ambassadors
Pupils in Year 6 are selected as Dove Bank School’s Sports Ambassadors.
They are full of ideas of how to improve sport at Dove Bank and they will be helping the staff promote healthy lifestyles at school. We are very proud of them and the hard work they do around the school.
During the year our Sports Ambassadors will be involved in the following:
- leading an all day sports event
- development of sport across the school
- organising a charity sports event
- developing a space on the website, devising notices for the newsletter, assemblies
To ensure that its sports provision is as effective as it can be, Dove Bank subscribes to the North West Leicestershire Schools Sports Partnership (NWLSSP)
This means that the school has access to the following:
- Training for teachers and other staff
- Fun festivals/friendlies/School Games
- Training days for the school’s PE Manager (Primary Link Teacher)
- Resource bank supporting sporting activities
- Links with the community and local/county and regional organisations
- General advice re PE/school sport
- Increased ‘targeted’ work with sport and physical activity (Higher Ability, Inclusion, health, non-participants etc.)
- Equipment loan scheme
Out of school events and competitions entered
Y5/6 Rugby Tournament
Y3/4 Rugby Tournament
Y5/6 Dodgeball Competition
Winter Festival Y1/2
Orienteering Competition Y5/6
Y3/4 Football Tournament
Y5/6 Football Tournament
Easter Sports Festival
Netball tournament x 2
Y3/4 Quad Kids